Notary Services offered
The presence of the Notary's signature, often in combination with his unique official seal, will render the document in question, or the facts or circumstances attested by him therein, as acceptable proof for the purposes of the judicial or other public authorities in the foreign country in which they are to be used.
The notarial services I provide include:
- certifying University, College, and all other types of professional and similar qualifications
- taking affidavits, oaths and affirmations
- authenticating and dealing with company and business documents and transactions
- authenticating personal identity
- dealing with the purchase or sale of land and property abroad
- dealing with applications to marry or work abroad
- dealing with emigration and immigration formalities
- authenticating the correct signing and completion of documents and, in some cases, their binding effect under English law
- authenticating the truth, accuracy and /or reliability of the contents of public and private documents
- preparing and witnessing both private and corporate powers of attorney (or their equivalent) for use in foreign jurisdictions
- advising on administration of estates of people who are abroad, or who own property abroad
- preparing commercial agreements and deeds to take effect in foreign countries
- certifying corporate records and resolutions of UK companies for the benefit of foreign courts and public bodies
- taking evidence from witnesses in England for use in foreign courts
- securing what is called “legalisation” of Acts at foreign embassies and consulates in London or by “Apostille” at the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- keeping records - certain documents must be preserved for ever
The preparation and completion of notarial acts requires a very high standard of care, since they are likely to be relied upon, not only by the Client but also by third parties and officials at home and abroad. The Notary has to protect against the risk of inaccuracy, error, interference, forgery, dishonesty, money laundering and fraud.
Please contact me to discuss your requirements, to obtain a quotation or to arrange an appointment.
Terms of Business
All Notarial work that I do is carried out subject to my Terms of Business, which I will supply as early as possible after the outset of being instructed in any particular case. I will also supply a copy to you if you request one from me.